Pictures from the Troop 618 camping trip at Henry Coe State Park, February 27-28 2010.
A few Highlights:
- The weather was a bit damp and chilly through the morning and afternoon, and we had a few gaffes in packing the Troop gear but it was nothing trained Scouts couldn't work around.
- We missed one component needed to connect the camp stoves to the propane tank so we had only one stove for cooking instead of two, but our Scouts are practiced at cooking over a campfire, and that is what they did (0018-0019).
- Also we discovered that instead of the large rain fly we planned to bring with us we had packed an old fashioned open floor canvas tent, but with a bit of creativity, lashing and ropework we turned that tent into a serviceable if somewhat odd looking rain shelter (0001).
- Scoutmaster Terry was home with a cold that weekend, but he was with us in spirit, as well as on the camp site reservation sign (0015).
- After setting up camp and eating lunch we took a scenic five mile hike (0006-0012) and the younger Scouts who were present worked on the orienteering requirements for the First Class badge.
- The skies cleared by early evening (0016-0017) and the trip was such a success that even our furry friends wanted to get in on the fun (0023).
Click on a thumbnail below to open that image
Click here if you prefer to view all images at full scale (good for use with high resolution monitors.)